Provost Persis Drell and Vice Provost Karen Cook welcome new assistant, associate and full professors across all Stanford Schools in a day-long orientation. The New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is an opportunity to learn of Stanford's resources, meet new colleagues and enjoy an informal reception at the end of the day with them and their families/significant others. NFO is held once a year. Faculty who join Stanford during the year are invited to the first NFO following their start at the University. Invitations will be sent to new faculty at their Stanford email addresses at the end of July.
New faculty should attend:
1. The academic NFO held every September by the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity. The 2019 Agenda is available here.
2. Benefits orientation held by University Human Resources.
3. School-specific orientations. Contact your Faculty Affairs Officer to inquire.
Resources to Get Started at Stanford
New faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the resources available to you on the New Faculty website, including:
- A checklist of to-do items to help you settle in to campus and guide you through your first year.
- Online new faculty orientation about resources and support available to you at Stanford.
New Faculty Orientation is organized bythe Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity.
If you are not a new faculty member and would like to request access to this site, please contact us.