Provost Persis Drell and Matthew Snipp, Vice Provost for Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement welcome new assistant, associate and full professors across all Stanford Schools to a series of Zoom meetings on different topics relevant to new faculty members. In addition to these virtual meetings, an online New Faculty Orientation curriculum will be available through Canvas. The New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is an opportunity to learn of Stanford's resources and meet new colleagues. The curriculum on Canvas will be available year round for new faculty members as they join Stanford (for access to the site, contact Laurita Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org). The series of Zoom meetings will be held in September and invitations will be sent to new faculty at their Stanford email addresses beginning in the end of July.
New faculty should attend:
1. The academic NFO series held every September by the Office of Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement. The 2020 Agenda is available here. The first Zoom meeting will be held on September 8, 2020.
2. Benefits orientations held by University Human Resources for new faculty members only. (Zoom log in instructions here.)
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 (1-3 pm)
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020 (1-3 pm)
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 (1-3 pm)
3. School-specific orientations. Contact your Faculty Affairs Officer to inquire.
Resources to Get Started at Stanford
New faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the resources available to you online in the New Faculty Orientation in Canvas, including:
- A checklist of to-do items to help you settle in to campus and guide you through your first year.
- Online new faculty orientation about resources and support available to you at Stanford. (Canvas site) Contact Laurita Wheeler (email@example.com) for access to the Canvas site.
New Faculty Orientation is organized bythe Office of Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement.
If you are a new faculty member and would like to request access to this site, please contact us.